Monday, October 29, 2007

Coming (back) to America

So, here I sit in the Kansai airport waiting for my flight. It's been a damn good trip, but I am ready to get back home, to my bed and my house.

It's been an amazing journey for this first time globe trotter. Some things which I thought would be a huge deal turned out to not be such a big deal. Other things which I expected to be nothing special turned out to be far greater and spectacular then I could have imagined. From the sights to the sounds, from the people to the food, Japan is incredible.

There are still items on my list left unchecked, but I would have no problem visiting this place once again in the future. I think working on language skills would be the greatest asset, since it would be far easier to ask people where things are and what is cool, then to try to glean such information from the internet or a guide book.

This has already been a long day and we will be adding many hours to it. Not sure what kind of shape I'll be on once I get home either. I fully expect I will be calling in a personal day "tomorrow."

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Ed! We are going to The Olive Garden for lunch!

Anonymous said...

Ed, I have really enjoyed reading yours during the Japan trip. Lauren