Thursday, October 25, 2007

Pictures to go with the Tokyo saga from two days ago

We didn't go back to Tokyo, I'm just posting pictures of what we did while we were there.


We got on the Shinkansen, and I was feeling pretty dang good!


We passed by a hazy Mount Fuji, and arrived at Tokyo station!


What was the first thing we found but the famous Gamers! store! Also, David found the real Snaaaaaaake!


I think this is the same Mister Donut as from the YouTube Haruhi Dance video I saw, but I am not sure I am convinced. Tokyo sure is pretty at night-time.


Here is Ed and I horsing around. It was a thrill to be a hot 14-year old cartoon girl with a beard, even if only for a moment. Then, we went to Mos Burger, and I had a rice burger: a pork patty with rice cake things in place of a hamburger bun. (I also had a jalapeƱo chili dog which was actually real good.)


And our night in Akihabara in Tokyo comes to a successful conclusion!!





...


Not!


We wandered for an hour or more after we missed the last Hikari Shinkansen back to Osaka, until we were accosted by a helpful gentleman who directed us towards the Kanda station off of the Ginza line, where we stayed at a manga-kisa, or a manga cafe. We slept there in leather office recliner chairs. We had little cubicles, but we could close the doors between them. I got probably four hours of sleep, on and off. I gather the rest of us were not so lucky.

No comments: