Sunday, October 21, 2007

Overwhelming impressiveness

Yesterdays visit to Nara was truly impressive. It was the first time we've truly left behind most of the modern, flashy things and saw something from the old world that produces true awe and inspiration. The Todai-ji is, to this first time international traveler, the most impressive thing I've seen in my life. Since this is my first experience of anything on this scale, I think I will remember it all my life.


The first gate


and one of it's guardians.

My camera decided to tell me it was getting tired, right when we got to Daibutsu-den, so my pictures inside are limited. In addition, with the space given it is hard to give a true impression of just how colossal this Buddha is.



I think my feet will be tired this whole trip, but it is all so worth it.

No comments: